Monday, January 12, 2009

Florida

Driving through NC right now, Steven’s trying hard to stay awake. He won’t say so but it’s obvious. Why else would anyone be playing Moby right now? I’m about a couple hours from home. He tells me one song will “give me a heart attack.” He’s right I want to open my door and jump out of the car.

That was from Friday night, I also wrote down a bunch of things to write about, but I really don't feel like it so I'll just post the list.


I swam in a pool that tasted like sunscreen and tanning oil.

I watched JZ spend five dollars at a snack machine while he waited for me to swim.

I fell over after trying to ride off the road to pee. Note: this is the beach if it’s not paved, it’s probably sand.

I watched Tim hunt most animals he saw. Land, marine, nothing is out of his territory. Although he did spare the rat tail of the obnoxious guy who kicked us out of the hot tub. That thing was alive! Ehhhh

I learned not to trust following Steven and JZ on the bike, we hit sand fast on the second day, and all showed some pretty impressive handles to stay up. If this was Navy Cycling’s vacation this incident would have caused fatalities.

We all eat too much cereal. Really you have no idea.

I iced in the ocean every night, and got a couple of the guys hooked on hot/cold, which kept us feeling fresh.

JZ and I taught Frink a few things, who Riyanna and TI are, why they’re hot and what “in check” means. He taught us how to cook with a fantastic meal the last night. Good on ya Frink.

Steven revealed the mental game for staying sharp on an interval. Pretend Phil Ligget and Paul Sherwin are commentating on your ride, accents optional.

I played Harry Potter, finally finding a couple good nights of sleep.

Rest Well.

No comments: