Saturday, October 31, 2009

NIRCA Regional Champs

I did a club running race in Harrisonburg last weekend. It was a pretty hilly course, right next to some mountains in a town called Penn Laird. Awesome place.

At the start I ran pretty hard trying to stay close to the front, and I got in a group of three a couple hundred meters ahead of the main pack. We slowed down a lot though after 5k, and a few Clemson and UVA guys came up and went right to the front. I tried to stay with them, and did for about a mile, but I started cramping at the start of the last mile, and pretty just hoped not to get caught by anyone.

4th place with a time of 27:11, pretty dissapointed with this one, I was running really solid until that last mile, and I would have liked to see this time in the 26:'s

Good news is I've found some more XC races!

After the Hokie Open next week, depending on school I really want to go to Richmond for the Ntelos 8K Nov 14, then instead of same lame Turkey Trot, I'm going to the Footlocker South Regional on November 28 in Charlotte, NC. This is a big race, I'm hyped.

No comments: